Join us for RPS Theatre Week!
During the first week in May, the RHS and RMS Theatre programs are performing in two amazing productions! We hope that you are able to join us.
Richfield High School's production of Urinetown
Despite the name, Urinetown is a fun and family-friendly musical in which a terrible water shortage has led to a government ban on private toilets and a proliferation of paid public toilets. If the poor don’t obey the strict laws prohibiting free urination, they’ll be sent to the dreaded and mysterious Urinetown. After too long under the heel of the malevolent Caldwell B. Cladwell, the poor stage a revolt, led by a brave young hero, fighting tooth and nail for the freedom to pee “wherever you like, whenever you like, for as long as you like, and with whomever you like.” Urinetown is a wickedly funny, fast-paced, and surprisingly intelligent comedic romp.
- When: May 4-6, 2023 at 7 p.m. with a special 3 p.m. matinee on Sunday, May 7
- Where: RHS Auditorium
- Cost: Students $5, Adults $10, Senior Sunday Matinee $5
Richfield Middle School's production of The Wizard of Oz
You know it, you love it! Join the Richfield Middle School cast for an exciting production of The Wizard of Oz and witness the lion's bravery, the rusted tin man and the wicked witch of the West as Dorothy and Toto go on their adventure.
- When: May 3-5, 2023 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the RMS Auditorium
- Cost: Students $5, Adults $10
The Show Must Go On
Being part of the RHS theatre program requires commitment, energy and lots of hard work—but it is one of the most fun, fulfilling and rewarding experiences you’ll ever have! Watch and listen for announcements and posted signs listing specific information about the following:
- Fall Play: Student actors and technical crew present a full-length play each fall. Anywhere from 10-25 individuals will be needed in the cast, as well as 8-10 crew members. Auditions will take place in early September. Rehearsals will be held daily after school.
- Student-Directed Scenes: A handful of interested upperclassmen are chosen to direct short theatre scenes in which they cast underclassmen as their actors. A "one night only" recital showcasing these pieces, as well as the winter one-act play, will be held in January. This is a fun, free and non-threatening way for you to try out theatre or to hone your acting, writing or directing skills.
- Winter One-Act Play: A small, dedicated group of talented thespians compete against other MSHSL schools at the 6AA level. The winners advance with hopes of reaching the State One-Act Competition in late January.
- Spring Musical: The RHS musical is a major event enjoyed by the entire community! This is a full-scale production with lavish sets, beautiful costumes, a large mixed cast and crew and full orchestra. Many students will be needed in the cast, crew and orchestra. Auditions are held in early February. Those interested in being in the orchestra are also required to audition.