Join us for Richfield High School's production of Frozen: a 30-Minute Adaptation in the Richfield High School Auditorium. Produced through special arrangement with Music Theatre International, our RHS Theatre students have worked hard to bring this spring musical to you. Tickets are sold online at www.schoolpay.com and in-person 30 minutes before show time. Rows will be blocked to provide social distancing and face masks are required.
- Thursday, May 13 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 14 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 15 at 3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 16 at 3 p.m.
- $6 for anyone Grade 6 and above
- Pre-K and under are free
- Kindergarten-Grade 5: $4
- Opening night RHS Student Special: $4
- Sunday Senior Citizen Discount: $4
Our theatre department offers many exciting opportunities for students of all grade levels (9-12) to participate both on and off stage. No experience is necessary to be part of the cast or crew of the fall play, winter one-act play, spring musical or the student-directed scenes program. Although, auditions are required to be considered for the cast in any production.
Being part of the RHS theatre program requires commitment, energy and lots of hard work—but it is one of the most fun, fulfilling and rewarding experiences you’ll ever have! Watch and listen for announcements and posted signs listing specific information about the following:
- Fall Play: Student actors and technical crew present a full-length play each fall. Anywhere from 10-25 individuals will be needed in the cast, as well as 8-10 crew members. Auditions will take place in early September. Rehearsals will be held daily after school.
- Student-Directed Scenes: A handful of interested upperclassmen are chosen to direct short theatre scenes in which they cast underclassmen as their actors. A "one night only" recital showcasing these pieces, as well as the winter one-act play, will be held in January. This is a fun, free and non-threatening way for you to try out theatre or to hone your acting, writing or directing skills.
- Winter One-Act Play: A small, dedicated group of talented thespians compete against other MSHSL schools at the 6AA level. The winners advance with hopes of reaching the State One-Act Competition in late January.
- Spring Musical: The RHS musical is a major event enjoyed by the entire community! This is a full-scale production with lavish sets, beautiful costumes, a large mixed cast and crew and full orchestra. Many students will be needed in the cast, crew and orchestra. Auditions are held in early February. Those interested in being in the orchestra are also required to audition.