National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) bestows an honorary membership to students who excel in scholarship, character, leadership and service. The motto, noblesse oblige, signifies that those of high rank have the obligation to behave honorably, generously and responsibly to others. During the year, students are involved in an ongoing commitment to participate in service projects, leadership activities and individual projects. National Honor Society meetings are held on alternating Wednesdays of each month.
To remain an active member of the National Honor Society, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Complete and turn in all forms on time.
- Attend at least 75% of the meetings (7:30 a.m. every other Wednesday unless specified differently).
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours of ongoing individual service (forms are to be turned in on a monthly basis).
- Participate in eight group service projects (preferably on a monthly basis).
- Lead one leadership project each year, remembering to turn in the initial form two weeks before the project takes place and to turn in the conclusion form and pictures after completion of the project.
- Participate in six other leadership projects led by NHS members.
- Participate in as many recycling events as your group is assigned.
- Continue to be in good standing in NHS in all four required areas: scholarship, character, service and leadership.
NICOLE SCHIFFLER REBER
Richfield High School