As you know, we are starting the 2020-21 school year amid a continuing global pandemic. The staff at RHS has been preparing to best meet the academic, social and emotional learning needs of all of our students during this time. Teachers have been planning for distance and hybrid learning, learning new technology, and preparing to welcome each of you to RHS. Our learning model will begin on September 8 with individual orientation conferences that will be scheduled with your advisory teacher, who will be your point of contact regarding student progress and needs.
Our learning schedule is the same for both hybrid and distance learning students with both synchronous and independent work time. This will ensure students can manage their workload and have access to licensed teachers who will provide the direct academic instruction as well as social-emotional learning support and college and career readiness standards through our advisory program.
- Each day starts with a synchronous advisory check-in. This allows for students and advisory leaders to build community, understand individual needs and gives you a strong start to the school day. Daily attendance will be taken through advisory. Please make sure you check in synchronously each morning (in-person attendance will be taken for hybrid students on Tuesday or Thursday).
- Each class has a scheduled time where the teacher will be delivering instruction through a synchronous, online process and introduce the expected independent work for the week. Synchronous, online instruction will follow this schedule:
- Periods 1-3 will meet on Mondays
- Periods 4/5 and 5/6 will meet on Wednesdays
- Periods 7 and 8 will meet on Fridays
- Plan on being in each class during the online instructional time, as this will be your best opportunity for questions, clarifications and support from your learning community.
- There is flexibility in when you complete your independent work assigned by each teacher and due dates will be clearly communicated.
|9-9:20 a.m. (20 min)||Daily synchronous check-in||Daily synchronous check-in||Daily synchronous check-in||Daily synchronous check-in||Daily synchronous check-in|
|9:20-10:35 a.m. (75 min)||Period 1||Grades 9 & 11 are in advisory
Grades 10 & 12 are doing asynchronous learning
|Period 4 or 5||Grades 10 & 12 are in advisory
Grades 9 & 11 are doing asynchronous learning
|10:35-10:45 a.m. (10 min)||Break||Break||Break|
|10-45-noon (75 min)||Period 2||Period 5 or 6||Period 8|
|Noon-12:45 (45 min)||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|12:45-2 p.m. (75 min)||Period 3||PLC (60 min)||Collaboration meeting (60 min)|
|2-2:30 p.m.||Office hours||Office hours||Office hours|
|2:30-3:30 p.m.||Teacher prep, student/family communication, grading, etc.||Teacher prep, student/family communication, grading, etc.||Teacher prep, student/family communication, grading, etc.|
|3:30-3:50 p.m.||Student dismissal||Student dismissal|