To help ensure athletic events remain safe and enjoyable for all, we are implementing new policies for attending RPS athletic events. These policies are in alignment with what other school districts in the area are doing. We have been working with both Bloomington Public Schools and Edina Public Schools, as well as some Minneapolis high schools, to ensure our guidelines are similar to theirs. We will continue to review and refine these guidelines and may make adjustments in the future.
Home Games (Varsity Football Only) - updated Oct. 10, 2022
- Who can attend:
- Only students from the two competing teams/schools/districts may attend the game. Students from other districts are not allowed.
- K-8 students from RPS can attend with an adult and must be directly supervised during the game.
- Community members are welcome at the games.
- Richfield students must show a photo ID to be admitted to the stadium, which can include their school ID or StudentVUE app.
- There will continue to be separate entrances, concessions and restrooms for Spartan families and visitor families.
- There will be no admittance after the end of the second quarter (start of halftime).
- There is no re-entry if you leave the game early.
- Do not bring backpacks, fanny packs, water bottles, or any outside food and beverage.
- Upcoming home games for Varsity Football:
- Oct. 15 at 10 a.m. - RHS Varsity vs. Park Center at Richfield High School
- Oct. 19 at 5 p.m. - RHS Varsity vs. Breck at Richfield High School
Away Games (Football Only) - updated Oct. 3, 2022
- Away games for football are only open to the athletes and their families, as well as current RHS students (with a paid adult) who register in advance.
- To attend an away game, RHS students and their families need to register online by 1 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the football game they wish to attend. RHS families should have received the registration links via email.
- In addition to being pre-registered, all attendees must show a photo ID for admission to the game, purchase a ticket to attend the game, and all RHS students will need to attend with a paid adult.
Away Games (Non-Football) and All Home Games (Except Varisty Football) - updated Oct. 3, 2022
- At this time, there are no changes. We are in the process of developing a plan in partnership with local law enforcement and other schools in our conference. Look for details soon.
We want to thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.