Fall registration for athletics is open!
- Monday, August 1 - Fall athletic registration opened for our high school teams.
- Monday, August 15 - Fall athletic practices start with our coaching staff for RHS teams. Please check team Schoology pages for more information about captains practice the week before.
- Friday, August 19, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. - Meet the Spartans, a community-wide event led by our student athletes with interactive activity stations, games, relays and prizes.
- Monday, August 22 - Fall athletic registration opens for our middle school teams.
- Tuesday, August 23, at 7 p.m. - A mandatory parent/player/coach meeting for all athletes on a 9th, C, B, JV, or Varsity level team in the RHS auditorium.
- Thursday, September 8 - All RMS sports start. All athletes should report to the RMS cafeteria after school. There will be a brief meeting and an opportunity to meet coaches and receive schedules. Practice for registered athletes will last until 5 p.m.
Meet the New Activities Director
Chris Peterson is our new Activities Director. Mr. Peterson has been with Richfield Public Schools for 22 years. During this time, in addition to teaching social studies, he has held a variety of positions within our athletics department, including head coach for two sports, assistant coach for three sports and co-equipment manager. He holds a master's degree in teaching and learning from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota. He is also the assistant baseball coach at Macalester College and was previously named the Minnesota Girls Hockey Coach of the Year.
All registrations are done online through SchoolPay, our district’s online payment portal. All athletes must have completed the registration process to practice, try out or compete. This includes MSHSL forms, a current health physical, Sport Specific Registration Form and payment. The Activities Office must have a current sports-qualifying physical on file before you can register online at www.schoolpay.com. Sports qualifying physicals are good for three years. If your physical has expired or if you don’t have one on file, here are a few options:
- Visit your medical provider or clinic.
- Stop by a Minute Clinic location at Target or CVS.
- Go to the Richfield Health Resource Center (RHRC) any Wednesday between 1-5 p.m. (starting Aug. 3). No appointment is necessary. Call 612-798-6020 for more info. There is no charge for a physical at the RHRC.
- You can schedule a physical at any TRIA location. See the attached flyers for more information. TRIA physicals are free and you must register for an appointment in advance.
If our office has a physical on file, please follow these instructions to complete the registration process.
- Apply online for education benefits (previously known as the free and reduced-price lunch application) atschoolcafe.com/RICHFIELDPUBLICSD. If you receive reduced educational benefits, your fees will automatically be reduced by 25%. If you receive free educational benefits, your fees will automatically be reduced by 50%. If you see your fees are not automatically reduced during checkout, please contact our office firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log into www.schoolpay.com.
- Select “Fall Registrations” and complete the 2022-23 MSHSL forms and add them to your cart, process form payment of $0.
- Next, click the SchoolPay banner at the top of the page and go into Fall Registrations, all activities available for your child’s grade will appear. You may need to refresh the page if they don’t appear right away.
- Select your activity, process payment and you will receive a receipt confirming that your registration is complete.
We never want finances to be a reason a student doesn’t participate. Payment plans and scholarships are available to all students, regardless of educational benefits. Students registering for an activity or sport who cannot pay their registration fee in full may request a reduced fee for economic hardship. As stated in Board Policy 781.1, all requests will be reviewed, and additional documentation may be requested. Please email email@example.com we can create a plan that works for your family.
More information about all sports offered throughout the year is available on the Athletics page of our website. Here is a list of fall sports available to Richfield students and the start date with our coaching staff.
|Sport||Grade(s)||Schoology Code||Coach||Start Date||Regular Lunch Fee||Reduced Lunch Fee||Free Lunch Fee|
|Cheer||9-12||KV2M-KXH4-GB7JP||Laurie Seibert||Aug. 1||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
CI Jets, Stephanie
PI Flyers, Lori
|Cross Country||7-12||NZW4-SQMP-XNTS7||Marty Huberty||Aug. 15||$168.00||$126.00||$84.00|
|CC, Run Club||6||Marty Huberty||Sept. 8||$50.00||$37.50||$25.00|
|Dance, Performance||7-12||TDHF-FGWK-9MFHH||Alasia Thrower Vilai||TBD||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
|Football, RHS||9-12||5W6X-K53C-8WD9H||Kris Pulford||Aug. 15||$210.00||$157.50||$105.00|
|Football, RMS||7-12||Pat Burns||Sept. 8||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
|Soccer, Boys||7-12||B8SX-NN6T-3ZGJ3||Mike Harris||Aug. 15||$168.00||$126.00||$84.00|
|Soccer, Girls||7-12||NXV6-R6TG-VT5T9||Amy Frank||Aug. 15||$168.00||$126.00||$84.00|
|Soccer, RMS||6-8||Pat Burns||Sept. 8||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
|Swimming & Diving, Girls||9-12||SWKX-DMNQ-CJC2V||Matt Graham||Aug. 15||$196.00||$147.00||$98.00|
|Tennis, RHS, Girls||8-12||TMZZ-VZX2-K9R9M||Jennifer Lewis||Aug. 24||$154.00||$115.50||$77.00|
|Tennis, RMS, Girls||6-8||Pat Burns||Sept. 8||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
|Volleyball, RHS||9-12||3W49-GH84-WRSHM||Carmen Christian||Aug. 15||$182.00||$136.50||$91.00|
|Volleyball, RMS||7-8||Pat Burns||Sept. 8||$95.00||$71.25||$47.50|
Schoology groups are a great way for coaches to communicate with players and parents. Please have your child join their team's Schoology group using the codes above. Any parent accounts will automatically be added to the group too.
Richfield Athletic & Activities Office
We look forward to having your child participate in Richfield athletics. If you need help registering your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!